A dole of bread



An experience from the journey to Ganga Sagar.


I do not rome so much because of my busy life my busy family, when ever I plans to go on a trip,it fails and makes me filled with sigh! 
well twelve years back in 2000 when I was around 7 at haldia as my dad was newely posted to there. After working six months,  dad got CL leave for 15 days dad and his two friend decided to go on a trip to Ganga Sagar, people says its the place where the river Ganga mix with sea & the place where the great devotes Kapil Muni lived, you might be familiar with this place by ganga sagar mela, isnt it? thats said! 


Ganga Sagar was a journey of five hours by vessels from Haldi doc and 30 minutes by bus from a stopage I dont remember its name the bus stand was right between a village and now I think its no more village because of change in 12 years.Well going next..


We reached Ganga Sagar at the evening it was a great view from the sea shore really amazing if you ever visit there you must enjoy the the beauty of sea in evening & early morning.
I spent the whole evening on the beach by playing with sand and watching the waves.next we booked hotel and enjoyed the meal. There people eat only MIRAMISH mean pure veg food no fish, meat, chicken , egg, not even they add garlic & onion in foods, They reflect the purity of that holy place.
Next morning we had bath aww the waves were so strong , our body was moving with the movement of the waves and finally i vomited due to sallowing of saline water he he :)
After bath we worshiped at the Kapil muni temple It was so dengerious idol of kapil muni the idol was made of stone and painted with red, I was getting worried to look at it :) this way we passed that day.


 Next day when me and dad was walking arround beach , I remember i was eating sandwich of sweet bread and walking with dad, then suddenly a boy of around 15 or 16 came , he was looking quite poor &  depressed,
 he smiled at me and asked my dad "kaku 5 taka dao na , khub khide payechay kal raat thay k kichu khate pai ni"
means uncle please give me 5 rupees, I am so hungry as I did't got anything to eat from last night. , my dad thought that he was making excuse to fetch some money as all other beggars do, so dad refused to give and told 
"you have such a fit body, God gave you hand, legs , eyes, brain to do work as every other people do, then why don't you " 
The boy reply "Uncle God did't gave me anything to live, He gifted me this life just only to suffer", 
and He removed his shirt to show my dad OMG!! he was suffering from skin cancer , I could nt look at his and closed my eyes, 
then again he told "My mom dad brings works in this temple but whatever they earn it goes on medecines and for meal we roam around here for a dole of bread" 
His tears were coming out and telling the truth.My dad got emotional on that him and gave him a note of 50 rs. The boy smiled but still his tears was coming out of his eyes.


I don't know why its been 12 years but I still remember his every words he told to my dad it touched my heart. I just wished that the boy had got well soon.Next on the fourth day we get back.


This boy had tought me that life will not be like this as right now, Life always changes its way and sometime it  reflect sarrow, sometime pain, sometime a lot of happiness,


And also got to know that sea does'nt takes anything from you what everyou will through in sea, it will return you by its waves....


here is  my look at Ganga Sagar when I was only seven
Me with my Momma and Pappa


Dad with his friends 
I remember the boy right to me is SONU and sorry the boy left to me I have forgot his name.



I would recommend if you will ever vist Ganga Sagar you must watch the amazing beauty of sea here. 
Want to go on a trip somewhere then your friendly Travel Partner is here ->> http://www.expedia.co.in/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please say something, it makes me smile :)