You are still the one : Short story

love story cover pic
pic credit :love-meter.net


Kabir is a simple looking guy , tall , less talkative , full of calm and patience . He is a career oriented guy,  stays in a city and busy with his college life.

Shilpa is the sister of Kabir’s cousin’s sister in law . A small town girl with big dreams , very friendly and talkative . She is  cute and can melt anyone with the essence of her smile .

Kabir have seen her many times  at some family gatherings  but could not talk with her because of some rumors  has spread by relatives about her. But because of a small incident at Kabir’s home town , he and Shilpa, had to stay at the same place for few hours until their parents came back.
 20-04-2010 – The first meet

Kabir and Shilpa walking together on the bay of a pond there was a long silence between them. Kabir did not have any intention to attract Shilpa, but all he wants was to know her better, but had not got the courage to speak with her until Shilpa was unable to control her talkative tongue  and at last  she yelled to Kabir “You are walking along with me from last thirty minutes but you have  not spoken a single word  , do I look so scary or I have threatened to kill you if you speak with me?”

Kabir : You don’t look like that I have heard all about you.

Shilpa: What do you mean?

Kabir: Actually many of my relatives have some misunderstandings about you, they think you are egoistic , don’t respect other , mischievous and blah. But actually you are sweet, frank, friendly and you behave the way people behave with you, its great.
Shilpa: That’s so sweet of you.   I heard your voice for the first time right now, your voice is so touchy but why do you speak very less? I have only seen you sitting far away from everyone but never seen you  talking with anyone.

Kabir: Thanks, actually may be I don’t know how to keep talking with people , all my buddies at college calls me a boredom because of this . Well,  why did you left your studies?

Shilpa:  hmm seems like you have already done deep investigation on me? Isn’t it?.

Kabir: Ah its not like that, I told you my relatives have some misunderstandings about you , it was told by them.

Shilpa: My bad!, actually I had a little fight with my mom and because of that I have left my studies . May be I am too much of egoistic

Kabir : Forget that, you should continue your studies , else you are going to lose a very important part of your life.

Shilpa: I can’t promise that, but I will try.


To be continued…. 



[CONCLUSION] this is my first attempt in writing short story , please support me with your comments to write further or not.

1 comment:

Please say something, it makes me smile :)