My Dearest Dad

Me & Dad

Our parents doesn’t need any special day or occasion to hug them and show our gratitude. They deserve our love and gratitude at each and every moment we reach a milestone, at every moments that brings smile on our face , it’s because of their hard works , we are seeing this beautiful world because of them.

My dad is an army man and because of his duty he stayed out most often as it was not possible for him to take me and mom along with him because sometime he was transferred disturbed area where   it was dangerous to keep family members . I could see the pain in my mom's eyes which use to wait eagerly from couple of months to get a glimpse of dad .
I remember my childhood when the telecommunication were not so developed , I use to write letters  to my dad with my messy scrambled handwriting. my handwriting was so dirty to read that I always wondered that he really did read all those letters ? When dad comes back on holidays he use to spend his entire time with me and mom. He still keeps my all those letters in a diary and always carry it inside his luggage wherever he goes. Whenever I ask him ‘Oh dad why do you carry all those old letters ? “ He always says “I see your childhood in those letters”

I remember those of our worse days when me and mom both has fallen ill. My dad had went to refreshment training for 45 day but he was informed about our illness, he left the training and came back to take care of us. He washed our dirty clothes, cooked food for us and nourished me and mom just like a mother do .He extended his leave to take care of us and help us to get well soon , for leave extension he also has faced many harassment from his department but he survived these all just to take care of us more better as we don’t have anyone else to take care of us.

I don’t have any brother and sister to play and share some fun moments, but whenever I needed someone to talk and share my words, my dad always stood beside me as a friend, as a brother and a great mentor and never let me felt like alone . Still now he is the only person in this world with whom I feel very comfortable to share my any problems and I love the way he suggest me to handle any situations . He dedicated everything for my education and betterment , he still don’t ride any motorcycle because he want to save that money for my education . I am waiting for that day to gift him a bike with my own earned my. It doesn’t matter for him that if I don’t be a good engineer, doctor or lawyer, all he wants me to be a good human.

“Dad, I wish you were here today so that I can hug you tight. You have done enough duty for this nation, now please come back home soon. Love you…”



“This father’s day, I am expressing my love towards my dad by participating in the #HugYourDad activity at BlogAdda in association with Vicks.”

2 comments:

Please say something, it makes me smile :)