Schoolmate's marriage

pic credit: biswajitgogoi.blogspot.in


I got a shocking news last morning with some pinch of funny feeling from inside. Well… yesterday in the morning around 6:30AM one of my friend ringed up me (I am not going to mention her name). I was in little doubt when I saw her number, because she didn’t not called me and nor I have called her after we got out of school days, well I picked up her call and here are our conversations below.
Me: Hi! How come you called me?
She: can’t I call you? Good morning.
Me: Oh good morning , so how are you? Oh girl its just 6 o clock.
She: I am fine. And I am getting married on this Saturday.
Me: What? I didn’t’ get it .
She: I am getting married on 11th May.
Me: Sorry, repeat please!
She: Dammit! I am getting married and you have to come to attend my marriage.
Me: You are kidding in this early morning right? You have already spoiled my sleep ,Girl!  I am going to kill you if this is a joke.
She:  Nope, I am not kidding , you make talk to my mom if you don’t believe me.
Me: Ok! Fine, I will call back you later, let me sleep now.

OMG! I Was shocked after  getting this news, she is just 19 and getting married. This is the time to learn to grow to explore but she is tying the knot of marriage.  I don’t know why did she agreed to marry at this age, she have three more sisters and may be this is one of the reason that her parents are going to tie her knot.  I am feeling bad because she is graduating and it will hamper her studies.

Well May be I don’t know their particular reason or may be I am not mature enough to think properly about this matter but, what I think , It is 2013 and still people think their daughter as burden of family. Why don’t they let her grow, complete education and  after few years she would do something and contribute into her family. But the matter is,  she is happy with her decision or not.

Know what the funniest and weirdest feelings coming from inside is t ” OH God! My schoolmates are getting married! Then we all might have grown so old and mature.”  I was looking into mirror for hours  just to clarify that I am not grown that matured!  Kudos!  :D She have invited me in her marriage and its little weird that I am going to attend a friend’s marriage ceremony at this age :P and I don’t know what to gift her… any idea about gifting my dear reader s?

2 comments:

  1. oh yes why dont you gift her a digtal photo album from sony where she can display her current and past photos all in one !! even you would be remembered that way :)

    ReplyDelete

Please say something, it makes me smile :)