Outing to Dhanbad coal mines & top of the hills

I was just recalling my memories of Dhanbad. I had stayed 6 years there. You may have heard about Dhanbad probably by Coal capital of the world as it supplies largest amount of coal in the world..

 Well four years back when I was just 16 my days were used to filled with mischievous activities. I always wanted to visit the coal mines and rock hips and to pass lots of time there but did not got such chance. One day  me and my friend manish planned to visit the open coal mine and the highest rock cliff.
So another day we had leave our home early morning and excused our mom that we are going for practice of marshal art. "don't let my mom know about this please" hmm....

Finally we had reached the mines by riding bicycle 3 KM  hiding from many cops and guards. :) We were very mischievous and we use to enjoy the moments after fear.
First we went the open coal mines which was largest and deepest in dhanbad. it's depth was around 400 to 600 feet. It was really scary view. The people down there were looking like group of ants.I was wandering by seeing them, how do they breath down there? do they get proper oxygen? why do they seems not in worry about anything ? and I am dying just by seeing the view and many many more questions were coming in my mind. we were feeling like faint and thought its better to move from there.


Then we planned to climb the cliff of rocks and have a  great view of the city from the top. The hip of rocks were formed by dumping of useless stones years after years from coal mines.It was full of small and huge rocks, nobody goes up there as it don't have any single step-able rock to climb.  It was a real adventure for me, Because the height of cliff was around 150 to 200 feet , also to climb on rocks properly we need boots but we were wearing only sleepers (chappals). If I put my foot on a loose rock or if a rocks slide slightly then the entire rocks will kill us like mountain avalanches. We took complete 30 minutes to climb up there. and finally reached up there.First we took some breath properly and then looked around , wow! our hard labour had worth it. It was a great view of the whole city.it is an memorable part of me I was just pleased  by the look. 
from the top

my bugger look at 16 :)


My friend manish


And you know what we were  great fools! we had thought there is not any way to climb up, but at the back there was an small way from where few people comes to pass time there specially the couples :)


I wish my firiend manish will also read this this article , I know he will laughs a lot after reading it. :)  


Do you like a car should look like adventurous? or want to go to an adventure with a car? then get here to this link http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please say something, it makes me smile :)